"A fun half day park!"
Gatorland, The Alligator Capital of the World!
Gatorland is kind of a zoo come sanctuary with a big heart for conservation!
A short (15 mins) drive away from the Disney World area, Gatorland provides Orlando guests with a sometimes welcome break from the highly commercialized theme park scene.
With thousands of Gators, (many huge!), alongside lots of other interesting animal exhibits, including some great shows throughout the day, you’ll be gently charmed with this unique attraction. As a very welcome point of note, the Gatorland staff are without doubt some of the most pleasant and natural people in Central Florida and there’s not a forced corporate smile to be seen in here, the people clearly take pride in their park!
For over 50 years and long before the arrival of Disney in Florida, Gatorland is a reminder that Alligators are a huge part of Florida’s heritage, but armed with a pack of hotdogs (purchased from the park), the highlight for many visitors is Gator feeding! From the safety of the protective boardwalk the lazy Gators burst into life before the meaty treats hit the water! It’s worth the visit for this great moment alone, however, the unique and charming sense of ‘Old Florida’ lingers with you long after your visit to this 110-acre piece of American history!
- How the Disney Dining Plan wor...11/5/2012
- New Healthy Eating 'Mickey Che...11/15/2012
- 7 day Orlando Vacation Plans F...3/25/2013
- 'My Disney Vacation' Online Se...3/28/2013
- Water Parks - An essential gui...4/23/2013
- Orlando Theme Park Tips - For ...4/25/2013
- Which are the best Water Parks...4/29/2013
- Best Theme Park Restaurants in...5/7/2013
- Cheap Theme Park Tickets - The...5/18/2013
- Disney Parks MagicBand FastPas...5/18/2013